(A $249 Value) Limited Time Only-Restriction Apply
Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment in Encino, CA 94367
Schedule a FREE Braces Consultation Today!
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional or “metal” braces are the most widely used orthodontic appliances. These braces consist of two main components: an archwire and brackets. The archwire is a continuous, metal wire that is threaded through the brackets and tightened on a regular basis by the patient’s orthodontist in order to gradually shift the teeth into proper alignment. Brackets are small, square-shaped metal pieces that attach to the teeth and hold the archwire in place. Traditional braces are typically composed of metal, but they can also be ceramic in color.
Traditional Braces Explained
Traditional braces are the most commonly used form of orthodontic treatment. They are perfect for patients with major orthodontic issues such as misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth. Patients can also get traditional braces to fix bite issues, including overbite, underbite, and crossbite.
Benefits of traditional braces
- Traditional braces are a proven method to straighten crooked teeth and improve oral health. They can help improve:
- Appearance of teeth
- Alignment of teeth
- Gum health
Clear braces are a type of orthodontic treatment that straightens your teeth without the need for wires and brackets. Instead, the system uses a series of clear, removable aligners. Each aligner moves your teeth slightly, moving them horizontally or vertically and correcting your bite.
Clear braces are worn at least 22 hours a day, but they can be removed for short periods of time. This allows you to eat, drink, brush, and floss normally. Clear braces are most effective for complex orthodontic issues, such as bite problems, severe crowding, and gaps between teeth.
How Do Clear Braces Work?
Clear braces are a great way to straighten your teeth without compromising on your appearance. Unlike traditional metal braces, clear braces are customized to fit your teeth and are often used to treat the same conditions as traditional braces.
Clear braces use the same basic principle as traditional braces: by applying steady pressure, the wire gradually moves your teeth into proper alignment. The main difference is that clear braces use brackets made of plastic, and the wires can also be clear or tooth-colored.
Benefits of Clear Braces
Clear braces can address the following dental issues:
- Misaligned teeth.
- Crooked teeth
- Spaces between teeth
- Misaligned bite due to overbite and underbite.
Which Option Is Right For Me?
Traditional braces and clear braces have the same goal: to give you straight teeth. However, there are a couple of differences between them. Consider them before making your choice.
- When trying to decide between clear braces and metal braces, consider how long you will be in the treatment process. Metal braces are less expensive than clear braces, but they take a longer time to work.
- Clear braces are much less noticeable on your teeth than metal braces. If you prefer a more subtle look, clear braces may be the best option for you.
- Metal braces are often ideal for older teens and adults with more severe alignment problems. If you are older or you have more serious alignment problems, metal braces may be the better option.
- Clear braces allow patients the flexibility of removing their trays for eating or drinking, as well as brushing and flossing. They are also a great option for patients who want to maintain a professional appearance at work or in social settings.
Call us at (818) 789-2034 or schedule an appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Daniel Tebbi at our practice in Encino, CA.